Miss NJ Teen USA
Isabella Galan from Wayne, New Jersey is a 17 year old high school junior at Immaculate Heart Academy.
As a lifelong student of a Catholic School education, she knew that IHA was where she wanted to continue her academics. At IHA, she has prospered in their community of women of valor and continues to leave her mark on the school. She is the Co-President of many clubs, including the Knitting and Crochet Club where she revived the club after years of inactivity. She was voted by her peers as the National Honor Society President for the 2022-2023 school year and nominated as an “Eagle Ambassador” to promote the school. However, one of her greatest achievements at IHA has been her commitment to the Broadcasting Program called WIHA, or HeartTV. Here, she serves as a valuable crew member and anchor and gives the news to all of the students in the school.
Stemming from her love of Broadcast Journalism, at the beginning of 2022 she created her own podcast called THE BE WELL PODCAST. In her podcast she talks about mindfulness, mental health and wellness among teenagers. She was able to turn her love of communication into something that allows her to act on her own creativity as well as help her peers who may be struggling with mental health.
Serving others is very important to Isabella and has allowed her to give back to her community in numerous ways. When she was in the 6th grade, she started helping an organization called Click4Babies. With this organization, she crochets purple baby hats to be distributed to new mothers in New Jersey hospitals to bring awareness about the harmful effects of Shaken Baby Syndrome. She still loves to support this organization today and has made it her Valor Project for her school’s community service component.
Despite her busy schedule and involvement in her school, Isabella also continues to work as a coach at The Little Gym of Wayne. As someone who loves to give back to kids, Isabella leads gymnastics classes and birthday parties and seeks to uplift the kids to make sure that they remember that it is okay to not be the best, as long as you try your best.
Although Isabella has not decided where she will attend college in the future, she knows that she will definitely make an impact no matter where she ends up. With the love and support of her mom, dad, younger sister, family, and friends, she is very excited to embark on this journey as Miss New Jersey Teen USA 2022. Isabella hopes to make New Jersey proud as she represents this incredible state at the 2022 Miss Teen USA competition!
- I am a senior at Immaculate Heart Academy and will serve as the National Honor Society President for this school year.
- I would love to pursue a career in Broadcast Journalism and eventually have my own morning talk show.
- I love to travel! I have gone to Italy, Spain, France (twice) England, and Mexico so far and will be going to Puerto Rico next summer!
- I am the founder and host of THE BE WELL PODCAST where I talk about mindfulness, wellness, and mental health awareness.
- Service is a very huge aspect of who I am and last year I received the Presidential Volunteer Service Award for achieving 100+ hours of service in a calendar year. I have been involved with Click4babies since 6th grade, where I crochet purple baby caps to get distributed to hospitals throughout New Jersey to new moms to bring awareness about the harmful effects of Shaken Baby Syndrome.
- My favorite movie is The Lego Movie, and I know all the words of the script by heart.
We are accepting applications NOW for the upcoming competition early next year! There is no experience necessary! Anyone ages 14-27 are welcome to apply! Use the APPLY button below to submit your application. There is no fee or obligation to apply!Apply now